Retro-commissioning is applying a commissioning process to existing buildings that are having the following issues with the HVAC system.
Reasons to retro-commission a building include:
• A reduction in total system operating costs.
• Identify and resolve building-system control and maintenance issues.
• Minimize operational risks.
• Increase asset value.
• Improve comfort and indoor-air quality (IAQ).
• Reduce liability.
• Improve tenant satisfaction and retention.
• Extend equipment life.
The main goal of building commissioning share the same goals: to produce a building that meets the unique needs of its owner and occupants, operates as efficiently as possible, provides a safe, comfortable work environment, and is operated and maintained by a well-trained staff or service contractor. Retro-Commissioning is a multi tiered process